Considering the current situation in the country, the All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama (ACJU) in a statement has urged the Muslim community to follow below mentioned guidelines with regard to the last 10 days of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
- Please involve yourself in abundant Ibadath during these days and make special dua to ease the situation.
- Regarding security of the masjid and your locality, Masjid Trustees and responsible persons together are requested to discuss with the Police and other security authorities to make necessary security arrangements.
- Involving in unnecessary activities such as playing games on the streets and behaving in a manner which will cause hindrance for others should be completely avoided.
- Ibadath during the last 10 nights, especially the 27th night, should be done with consideration of the situation of the locality. All these arrangements should be concluded within a period of time.
- In areas where it is safe and suitable to conduct the night prayers, arrangements should be made with the assistance of respective area Police.
- Those who intend to perform I’thikaf should take the situation of the locality into consideration and obtain the approval from the local police station through respective masjids.
- It is advisable to refrain from performing I’thikaf in areas where safety is a concern.
- May Almighty Allah accept all our good deeds performed during this Ramadan and bring peace and prosperity to our Motherland.