The Matara branch of The Finance Company, which was established in 1978, celebrates 35 years of business excellence in the community by unveiling its modernised premises to the public. As the first non bank finance company to enter the city and having built a reputation on being a trusted household name in financial services, the Matara Branch has been able to win the confidence of the community it has catered for.
By taking steps to operate with an upgraded look and feel, the firm has taken measures to ensure greater customer convenience within Matara and many branches island wide. As part of its overall corporate strategy, the management has identified this process as vital to the company being better geared towards serving its growing customer base more effectively.
The renovated Matara branch, offering more spacious surroundings, unveiled its new look in the same well known premises situated at No. 169, Anagarika Dharmapala Mawatha, Matara, with a renewed commitment to fulfilling the lives of its community members as it had done three and a half decades before.
The branch was ceremoniously declared open on 20 May by Chairman Preethi Jayawardena and the Guest of Honour Mayor of Matara Sosindra Handunge, in the presence of the company’s Director/ CEO Kamal J Yatawara, Director/ COO Tissa Ekanayake and Director Cheryl Rosa. The company is also ready to unveil many more branches currently in the process of being refurbished.
The Finance Company PLC, incorporated in 1940, is the first registered finance company in the country, fulfilling lives for generations, with over 73 years of business excellence and operates through a growing network of 60 branches island wide.