StayWell signs three new hotels in India

Friday, 11 January 2013 00:01 -     - {{hitsCtrl.values.hits}}

A 94-room resort-style hotel located north of the main city of in Goa will be the first Park Regis branded property to open in India.

Due to open in late 2013 Park Regis Goa’s facilities will include several restaurants, banquet and conference facilities, business centre, spa and health club and all rooms with private balconies overlooking the hotel swimming pool and many rooms offering a private plunge pool.

Located in Thane on the outskirts of Mumbai, a 122-room hotel will be branded as a Leisure Inn property and is expected to open in mid 2013.

Leisure Inn Thane will offer facilities including banquet and conference facilities, as well as an all-day dining coffee shop and bar, al fresco restaurant and rooftop bar to be launched soon after opening.

Expected to open mid 2013 is a 52-room hotel which will be branded as Leisure Inn Grand Chanakya.

Located in the centre of Jaipur on M.I. road, the property will offer extensive facilities including a rooftop bar and grill, all- day-dining restaurant, vegetarian restaurant, banquet and conference facilities.

StayWell CEO Simon Wan said, “We have other deals in India nearing completion, including the high probability of further properties in Chandigarh, Indore and Pune.

“We maintain that we will strive to increase our portfolio in India to a total of 25 hotels by the end of 2014 and 50 hotels by 2016.”

StayWell Managing Director for India Rohit Vig, adds that StayWell’s strategic plan is targeting an area of the Indian market with the biggest growth opportunities.

“Ultimately, we are targeting middle segment domestic travellers in India. With a rapidly growing middle class with disposable income the market is huge. We are actively targeting tier I and II cities as well as looking at tier III cities.

“Of the 50 hotels we plan to launch in India, 60% will be branded under our 4-star Park Regis brand whilst the other 40% will be branded under our economy brand, Leisure Inn,” he said.