- ACC Under 19 Asia Cup 2019
By Shamseer Jaleel
Defending champions India not only ended with a three-wicket win against Afghanistan but also claimed the Group A top position at the ACC Under 19 Asia Cup 2019.
Meanwhile Pakistan ended the tournament with a solitary win over Kuwait in their game at Moratuwa yesterday but this win will not be sufficient for them to move to round 2 as they lost out to Afghanistan in their earlier encounter.
India will play the second placed team (Sri Lanka or Bangladesh) in the Group B while Afghanistan will play the first placed team (Sri Lanka or Bangladesh). UAE, Nepal, Pakistan and Kuwait will not proceed to the semi-finals.
Meanwhile today’s clash between hosts Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will determine who will top the group. At present both teams have accumulated 4 points from 2 wins but Bangladesh are in the lead with a better net run rate.
India beat Afghanistan by 3 wickets at CCC
- Afghanistan 124 in 40.1 overs
- Abidullah Taniwal 39, Farhan Zakhail 29, Sediqullah Atal 25
- Sushant Kumar Mishra 5 for 20, Atharva Ankolekar 4 for 16
- India 128 for 7 in 38.4 overs
- Salil Arora 29, Shashwat Rawat 29, Arjun Azad 21
- Noor Ahmad Lakanwal 4 for 30, Shafiqullah Ghafari 2 for 29
Pakistan beat Kuwait by 163 runs at Moratuwa
- Pakistan 335 for 9 in 50 overs
- Mohamed Irfan Khan 63, Mohamed Wasim 55 not out, Mohamed Haris 53, Fahad Munir 42, Rohail Nazir 34, Qasim Akram 28, Haider Ali Khan 26
- Jandu Hamoud Amanullah 4 for 60, Abdul Sadiq 3 for 70
- Kuwait 172 in 43.4 overs
- Abdul Sadiq 60, Govind Sunil Kumar 45
- Qasim Akram 4 for 38, Mohamed Wasim 3 for 23, Abu Hurera 2 for 33
- Today’s (10 September) matches
- Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh – Moratuwa
- UAE vs. Nepal – Katunayake