Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd., which is releasing a series of Books on corruption, fraud, economic crime, public finance, governance and the rule of law, dealing with real case studies, authored by public interest activist, Nihal Sri Ameresekere, FCA, FCMA, CMA, CFE, published by AuthorHOUSE, US, have launched its own online Books Store.
The online Books Store is hosted on Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.’s website – www.consultants21.com/publications. The Books are being shipped from C21 Marketing (USA) Inc., based in Los Angeles, US. Book launches and presentations have been had in Washington DC, New York at the UN, Miami, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Last week these Books were showcased at the prestigious International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, Cambridge University, organized in association with the Serious Fraud Office, UK, and among others, The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies University of London, The International Chamber of Commerce, Centre for European and International Financial Law, The Australian Institute of Criminology, Nathanson Centre for Organized Crime and Corruption, York University Canada, London School of Economics and Political Science, Keio University Japan, Monash University Australia, University of the Free State South Africa, International Financial Crimes Studies University of Florida USA, Centre for Criminology, University of Hong Kong, University of Tokyo, Argentine Federation of Judges. The Books released in this series so far include the following :
1. “UN Convention Against Corruption – To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace, with mere Rhetoric, subverts UN Convention”
2. “Transparency & Public Accountability - Fiscal Mismanagement & Lack of Public Accountability - Case Study - Sri Lanka, a Country under the Purview of IMF, World Bank, ADB”
3. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Sri Lanka Insurance Privatisation, handled by PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young - Annulled as Unlawful & Illegal by Supreme Court”
4. “Derivative / Hedging Deals by Citibank, USA, Standard Chartered Bank, UK, Deutsche Bank, Germany, with Sri Lanka Government’s Petroleum Corporation - Dubious & Illegal ?”
5. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Colombo Port Bunkering Privatisation - Annulled as Illegal & Fraudulent by Supreme Court”
6. “Colombo Hilton Hotel Construction - Fraud on Sri Lanka Government - Sri Lanka’s First Derivative Action in Law” - Reported in Commonwealth Law Reports 1992
7. “IMF, World Bank & ADB Agenda on Privatisation - Pillage of the Plantations in Sri Lanka”
The 8th and 9th Books in this series are expected to be released shortly. Nihal Sri Ameresekere in addition to being a professional accountant and a certified fraud examiner, is a Member of the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities and International Consortium on Governmental Financial Management.
He has successfully prosecuted in the public interest major fraudulent transactions before the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, the highest judiciary, including successfully challenging perverse amnesties, which were inimical to the rule of law and had caused extensive losses to the State, and also the Appropriation Bill, which included a ‘slush fund’ and without disclosure of the level of Government’s borrowings.
These Books are on topics of international interest now, being on economic crime, fraud and corruption, which have very contemporary relevance in the world today. In his latest Book titled – “To Combat Fraud & Corruption – a Cancerous Menace – with mere Rhetoric subverts the UN Convention Against Corruption”, Ameresekere postulates that corruption impoverishing the abject poor is a crime against humanity and that concerns of humanity transcend interest of nationality The series of Books are available globally on Amazon.com, Barnes & Nobel, AuthorHOUSE US & UK and leading world-wide reputed E-Retailers, and from Consultants 21 (Publications) Ltd.’s website – www.consultants21.com/publications