Women in Management will introduce its first strategically designed mentoring program for middle managers and senior supervisors on 17 and 18 November in Colombo.
The objective of this introduction will be to fill the vacuum of not having enough competent and well-groomed middle managers to promote to senior management in corporates.
The program was designed by WIM Senior Members, Archana Rai, Nilani Seneviratne, Ramya Weerakoon and Shanika Ranaweera, who are reputed professionals. The overview was given by Women in Management Chairperson Dr. Sulochana Segera.
This mentoring program combines a system of semi-structured guidance whereby sharing knowledge, skills and experience to assist others to progress was done along with theoretical inputs to substantiate the tips provided. Personalised one-on-one sessions will take place for the participants.
More than ‘giving advice’, the focus is motivating and empowering the others to identify their own issues and goals, and helping them find ways to resolve or reach them.
The key takeaways offered by the program are:
- How to build a personal brand
- A blue print to achieve goals and establish professional credibility
- Ways to develop emotional intelligence for managerial effectiveness
- Best practices for inspiring, influential, result oriented communication
- Aligning to the business of professional etiquette