George Gooneratne Optometrists and their Sri Lankan manufacturing partner Highray Enterprises have been able to successfully produce the high quality multi coated lens range to the local market. They are planning to introduce the latest lens range in January 2013 as High-Rex ‘5x’ Ultra lenses.
This newly built high tech multi coating plant, is known to be one of the largest plants in South Asia and has been already established in their Polgasowita Factory.
Multicoated lenses are compulsory in many developed countries and it’s a primary requirement for EU and FDA approval. These coatings protect your eyes from any harm full external rays and therefore, helps to prevent any ocular damages occur during our daily activities.
This new brand ‘Hirex 5x’ spectacle lens have following properties.
- Hard coating—A thin film which can reduce any scratch marks on the lens surfaces
- EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) coating—Cuts off unwanted and harm full electromagnetic rays generating from computer screens and so on
- Anti Reflective (multi) coating—Reduces unwanted glare, reflection and increase both optical quality as well as the cosmetic appearance of the spectacle lens
- UV 400nm protection—Giving you 100% protection against harm full ultra violet rays
- Hydrophobic coating—Contains liquid repellent properties which could be useful against water spilt and many more
Highrex 5x lenses are the only multi protective lenses available in Sri Lanka and Highray Enterprises is the only local manufacturer of optical products including plastic (CR 39) lens, spectacle frames, sunglasses, optical cases (metal and plastic) and optical cleaning solutions.
Also their high quality locally manufactured CR39 lenses consist wide range of products such as standard plastic lens, bifocal, extra thin lenses (high index), progressive or varifocals (the power of the lens varies from distance to a reading), and photochromic lenses (colour changing).
The new plant has the capability of manufacturing touch screens for LCD monitors and for mobile phones. Apart from that it can be a re-multicoated, that any used or damaged camera lenses, binocular lenses, telescopes or any type of professional optical lens which needs high quality optical clarity.
The above products will be available at all George Gooneratne Optometrists outlets. George Gooneratne Optometrists as the one and only eye wear manufacturer in Sri Lanka, believe that the future of the optical market rely on high quality products. The company is proud to introduce the latest products to suit with the current eye wear demands and to improve the quality of life of the consumer.