The Shippers’ Academy Colombo – SAC has organised a training workshop for exporters and service providers for exporters to understand the latest developments in Certificates of Origins (CO) issued by the Department of Commerce (DOC), which is scheduled for Tuesday 28 January at the Galadari Hotel, Colombo.
The workshop will cover all aspects of how to obtain DOC certifications, international requirements and its process. This is important documentation for Customs clearance and duty waivers under different schemes. The participants will learn about FTAs, GSPs and other certifications and new developments in international certifications.
The half day program will cover the following subjects:
1. What are the functions of Department of Commerce?
2. Types of certification that can be obtained through DOC
3. General requirements the trade is required to know when applying for certificates
4. Automation/online process of certifications – what is new?
5. What information is available on the web?
6. Common mistakes done – case studies
7. Certificates used for different trades and FTA arrangements and new international requirements
Interested parties can contact the Shippers’ Academy Colombo on tel: 0773820703/ 0113560844, fax: 0112874065, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or website: www.shippersacademy.lk.