The Ministry of Health has issued new guidelines to be followed by those returning home after buying essential supplies for their households to stop the spread of COVID-19 .
The guidelines are:
- Remove mask after getting home, put it in a plastic bag and throw it out.
- Avoid interacting with household members.
- Head to the shower immediately and remove all clothing worn. Soak the clothing in soapy water before washing them.
- Shower and ensure that face and hands are thoroughly washed with soap.
- After completing all these steps, only then interact with others.
Only one member of a family has been advised to venture out to purchase goods in order to minimise the number of people gathering to purchase goods.