1) A strategy to reduce the interest rates in the country. No business can be done by borrowing at 14-20%.
2) Pay the money due by the State to the private sector to ensure the companies can pay for their upkeep.
3) Have in place a strategy to attract the informal sector into the mainstream by providing an immediate amnesty for three months.
4) Make taxes competitive to attract more people into the tax net.
5) Fast track the foreign national residency scheme.
6) Provide support and incentives to resurrect the capital markets. This Government has destroyed the market.
7) Ease the regulation in the property market and the banking sector. Selectively reintroduce regulation without going overboard. Tax the super luxury out of the market. For e.g. like the Bentley and Ferrari. Nothing much could be expected by the current bureaucracy, unless the political leadership is strong.
8) Fast-track the education voucher system. Put money in the hands of the students.
9) Release unproductive State lands on lease to the private sector.
10) Incentivise the exporters, by reviewing the crazy taxes and duties imposed on them.