Softlogic launches own range of laptop computers

Published : 12:46 am  June 27, 2012  |  7,504 views  |  25 comments  |  Print This Post   |  E-mail to friend
Share Button

‘Softlogic Maxmo’ promises reliability backed by Softlogic warranty

Softlogic recently unveiled its own range of laptop computers branded ‘Softlogic Maxmo’ which comes fully equipped with Intel processors and Microsoft Windows software and is priced very attractively, to make it more affordable to the general public.

Available in three different models – Softlogic Maxmo 1595 (Dual Core), Softlogic Maxmo 1423 (Core i3) and Softlogic Maxmo 1524 (Core i5), each Softlogic Holdings Chairman Ashok Pathirage (centre) flanked by Microsoft Sri Lanka and Bangladesh Country Manager Sriyan de Silva Wijeyeratne (left) and Intel EM Ltd Country Business Manager Sri Lanka Indika De Zoysa Softlogic Maxmo model comes with its own unique specifications while all models come equipped with a 500 GB SATA hard disk drive, Intel HD Graphics and built in Bluetooth and wireless combo, along with genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, MS Office 2010 Starter, and MS Security Essentials absolutely free. Furthermore each Softlogic Maxmo model will be provided with a stylish carry case free of charge.
Speaking about the launch of this new range, Softlogic Holdings PLC Chairman Ashok Pathirage said, “We have always been dedicated to offering our customers the highest quality at the most affordable price points and today we are very pleased to have launched our own branded range of laptops further strengthening that promise. ‘Softlogic Maxmo’ laptops, carrying a tagline of maximum mobility come inbuilt with the latest technology and are backed by the ironclad Softlogic warranty, making this a high quality fully reliable product. By offering an array of amazing offers and payment options to the tech savvy consumer, Softlogic Maxmo laptops can be owned by any individual today be it a student, an academic, a business executive or simply for one’s home use.”
 “We are very proud to announce that Softlogic has been appointed as a Microsoft Named Account. This is a great milestone for a local company to achieve and we’re proud to welcome an esteemed local computer system builder partner such as Softlogic into this global exclusive family of named accounts.    Having achieved this strategic position within the Microsoft partner eco-system, Softlogic will now have the ability to install latest Microsoft software and other related components with direct partnership with Microsoft similar to any Multinational PC vendor,” Sriyan de Silva Wijeyeratne, Country Manager Microsoft, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, stated when explaining the partnership between Softlogic and Microsoft.
He added that this will further strengthen Softlogic’s position in the local PC market and open up new avenues for them to partner with Microsoft to develop their business. With this move, Microsoft sees the formation of a strong partnership that will help reshape the country’s PC market. These are exciting times for Microsoft, especially with the upcoming launch of their new operating system.
“We are committed to supporting Softlogic in their journey forward, especially during this important phase where they give birth to this great range of new product brands,” Wijeyeratne emphasised.
 Speaking about Intel’s involvement with Softlogic, Indika De Zoysa, Country Business Manager – Sri Lanka, Intel EM Ltd said, “Intel takes pride in working with both the Government and the private sector in Sri Lanka in taking ICT across the island. As much, our involvement with Softlogic and their new range of laptops powered by Intel will be yet another way for us to accomplish this task. I believe this new venture from Softlogic of introducing Softlogic Maxmo notebooks will help to take ICT into the rural areas of the country.”
Prices on the new range start from as low as Rs. 64,990 with an attractive monthly payment scheme whereby the payment can be made over a period of 15 months. The monthly installment will be as low as Rs. 3,990 per month. Furthermore Softlogic takes it one step further in offering a three year extended warranty on the Softlogic Maxmo laptop range. The full line-up of Softlogic Maxmo laptops can be experienced at all Softlogic Max and Softlogic showrooms islandwide covering more than 130 consumer touch points in all key towns.
In addition to that, all Softlogic Maxmo laptops will be serviced and supported by Softlogic’s fully fledged main service centre and regional service centers located islandwide, giving their customers added peace of mind and comfort in knowing that they have bought a superior quality product fully backed by Softlogic, an IT pioneer in the country.
This is also in support of the Education Ministry’s goal to increase the Sri Lankan information technology literacy rate to 75 per cent by the year 2016 and make inroads towards making Sri Lanka a fully developed knowledge hub.
The long term goal of projects such as these is to put in place the infrastructure and mindset required to propel countries like Sri Lanka into the digital age, by creating an ICT-ready population and Softlogic is fully geared to support that initiative by making significant inroads to make affordable, technologically advanced Softlogic Maxmo laptops more accessible to all Sri Lankans.
Softlogic is one of the leading, dynamic organisations in Sri Lanka today, having expanded and diversified into the growth sectors of retail, healthcare, ICT, automobiles, travel and leisure and finance and holds the authorised distributorships for some key global brand names. Softlogic currently employs over 5,000 people within its offices located in Sri Lanka, Singapore and Australia.

Comments

25 Responses to “Softlogic launches own range of laptop computers”

1. sinthujan on July 3rd, 2012 9:00 am

please send me the details, such as price and purchase location. I am now in kilinochchi. *

THANK YOU.

2. Shanthi on August 12th, 2012 8:18 pm

I am employed in the Maldive Islands and am planning to buy a lap top when I come down to Colombo next month.I am interested in your maxmo lap top. please let me have the specifications, price range and payment plans for all 03 maxmo models at your earliest.

3. yashica on August 27th, 2012 12:28 pm

pls snd me specs., prices and payment plans of laptops available

4. sahan on September 2nd, 2012 3:25 pm

please send me prices and payment plans of
    laptops available

5. Shakila on October 2nd, 2012 10:11 am

pls send me prices & payment plans of laptops available.

6. gangani on October 9th, 2012 10:20 am

please send me price and payment plans of laptops availabla.im planing to buy a computer within a week.

7. Miss N.R.L. Fernando on November 1st, 2012 3:16 pm

Please forward me a quotation for a Laptop with the following specifications

i3/ i5/ i7
    Display 18″ & 15.5″
    4GB Ram
    HDD 500 Windows 7
    Windows 7

8. Anusha on November 5th, 2012 2:34 pm

please send me the details, such as price and purchase location. I am now in kurunagal.

9. Nadee on November 8th, 2012 10:19 am

Please send me the details of the laptop , prices & can i buy from bandarawela softlogic branch.

Thanks

10. mr ashik on November 14th, 2012 3:35 pm

Please forward me a quotation for a Laptop with the following specifications

i3/ i5/ i7
    Display 18″ & 15.5″
    4GB Ram
    HDD 500 Windows 7
    Windows 7
    installment payment system.

11. aseef on December 4th, 2012 11:23 pm

please send me the details, such as price and purchase location.

12. R.A Mackenzie on December 15th, 2012 10:59 am

Please kindly send me a quote & send me payment terms for a Laptop with the following specifications / configurations.

i 7
    Display : 15″ or 15.5″
    16 GB : RAM
    HDD : 750 or above
    Operating System : Windows Professional
    Make & Model : DELL XPS 15 or TOSHIBA Cosmio engine
    Graphics : NVIDIA

13. Amal on December 25th, 2012 12:27 am

Dear sir,
    I’m student of ocean university of sri lanka.i live in kandy(pilimathalawa). After 5 mouth i purchase to maxmo1430 laptop,pilimathalawa soft logic branch..now it are broken such as small error. It has to warranty. Now my laptop i give to pilimatalawa soft logic branch. please sir,I want immediately.because pilimathlawa sotf logic branch manager not attention to me.i kindly request to help me & this situation.

I like to maxmo1423 laptop.Such as now it my life.i think it are better university student.like me
    thank u.

14. Udya Liyanage on January 17th, 2013 3:42 pm

I am planning to buy a laptop next month, please send me all 03 maxmo models laptop details.

rag,

Udaya Liyanage from kantale

15. Nishantha on April 2nd, 2013 5:44 pm

Can you send price and specification all maxmo models.

Thank you.

16. Andrew Jayamaha on May 7th, 2013 3:17 am

I saw one Dell computor of yours advertise in Sunday Sinhalese paper for Rs.109000/= monthly installment basis for Rs.2162/= Please let me know for which Credit cards you need for this. I have HSBC & BOC only.
    Please reply at your earliest.
    Thaanks,
    Andrew

17. Andrew Jayamaha on May 7th, 2013 3:28 am

Also I would like to have the details of ‘Softlogic Maxmo’ laptop models and prices of same and payment plan on installment basis by credit card.
    Andrew.

18. sajith on May 9th, 2013 12:42 pm

can you send me the prices about all i7 laptops.

19. malith on July 14th, 2013 1:33 pm

Plz send me a price list under below performances…
    i5,4gb ram,750 hdd,2gb nvdia
    Dell or hp only
    Need a gaming laptop..
    Plz send me a price list..

20. Saman Senanayake on August 6th, 2013 1:28 pm

please send me the details, such as price and purchase location. I am now in Kadawatha

21. thilina on August 21st, 2013 3:54 pm

22. LOKUHITIGE on September 24th, 2013 5:43 am

I purchased a Laptop on 23/09/2013 your own brand maxmo -soft logic I3 verson.As Thia web page and Pelawatta branch Manager ,the Laptop should have been installed withGENUINE WINDOS and MS OFFICE 2010,But the MaChine had not been installed MS OFFICE 2010 ,ONLY WINDOS 8. And the wINDOS INSTALATION CD also not available. Kindly solve this problem.

23. priyangika gunawardena on October 30th, 2013 11:30 am

Please send me the details of the laptop , prices & can i buy from gampola or kandy softlogic branch.
    Thanks

24. Dilshan on February 13th, 2014 3:17 am

I purchased Maxmo 1423 (Core i3) laptop and i need webcam driver softwere for win8…
    that win7 driver CD only have webcam driver &
    its not recognized webcam in win8 os…. win8 drver CD didnt include webcam driver softwere….
    plz mail how i fix this matter….. Thanks…

25. Suranga on September 11th, 2014 3:46 pm

Please send me the prise of the lap battery softlogic maxmo 240

Feel free to leave a comment